Sunday, December 14, 2008

The unfurled world


People create distance.

Distinct extinct extant distance.


If only there was clarity. I can't hear your words. I can't think as quickly. I can't see without help and then I'm not seeing. I can't tassste. I am hard and numb. It's alright to be sad. Shaking the hands of people helps. Is it social ambition or energy being given to me? Does it wake anyone up? Why do I sit? I am sick. Get comfortable and see lots of red. Fear of embarrassment makes me move. There is a person behind me in black. Praying for me? Flat for how long? I know this will change. Clarity will fade with age. Stretch out my arms. Children to look after. God of heaven and earth. You know how I am Lord. Old, sad, jaded, sick. Make me feel better Don't embarrass me into changing. Change me with grace. Here I am telling you how to help me. You never change. Quiet voice. Quite. Quiet but deadly.

No comments: