Thursday, May 13, 2010

Books on the brain

Some interesting reading material:
The Book Theif - if only I could finish it.
Little Black Book of Stories - so far so good - I've read 2 pages
Comrades of War - revisiting my adolescence.
The opposite bastard - modern angry disrespectful - why do I keep reading it.
Five go to smugglers top -I'ts good to have one of Enid's time capsules-a forty year gap between immersions
Black Beauty- picked up at a jumble sale at Bemboka for Tegan who required a wheelchair after losing her  legs in a car accident.  I hope its all going well Tegan. Also got Enid's book at Bemboka and a beautiful Banana cake - nothing beats a cake baked in the country and oh the icing!
Two audio books for the car trips to and fro...
The Gathering - families! when will something designed from love ever get to express the qualities of love ie. love is patient love is kind etc. The other audio book is A life of unlearning - one man's trip.
Notes from a small island - Father in law gift.
True grit and dry wit - Mother in law gift.
Patrick the Platypus and Lauchlan the Lorikeet - books for my children written by my Mother.
Finally,  Black Beech and Honeydew - an early look at the homeland through an eye from my grandmother's generation.

No comments: